Thursday, March 31, 2011

Creative Writing Activity

Have you ever thought what it would be like to be a pack of m&m's in a super market? Read on to find out! :)


M&M’s Story

I’m the last one again! People love m&m’s so much that they take almost all of us, but leave me behind. Every single da……..wait, the shop is still open. Here’s someone coming in, someone with something tugging at their trousers. It’s a child! Children love m&m’s, the sweet chocolaty taste melting in their mouth, the color’s that there tongue’s absorb to make their mouth colorful. Act natural m&m, act natural. The kid is looking at the candy, but he finds out it expires in two hours. He’s coming towards me, reaching higher and higher for me…and takes that unhealthy, show off, fat coca cola off the shelf under me. I guess tomorrow might be better, but I still can’t believe no one took me.
Now the owner’s shutting the door and switching off the lights, and as usual I’m stuck here with the healthy bars, some apples, a few cherries, three cokes, and a water bottle. There’s nothing else on the shelves since today was a busy day! Health is my best friend, but today I was more depressed than usual. The apples were flirting with the cherries, and the health family was arguing on who had more vitamins in themselves. Water, always so wise and noble, tried not to smile when the coke girls started to whisper about him.
 I fell asleep quickly after I listened to a few comments about the apples from the cherries. I was awakened at 5.00 AM and was pushed to the back of the shelf while they were putting the fresh m&m’s in front of me. That’s when I saw her, with her beautiful shiny brown packet and the 25% off fluorescent yellow sticker. She smiled shyly, and was put right in front of me! This was going to be a very good day! “Hello, what’s your name?” I asked before anyone else could talk to her. “m&mia!”. What a stupid question, I thought. All girl m&m’s are called that way. She seemed to find it funny, and we talked and laughed all day! I knew she was the girl for me!!!

  Hope you enjoyed my little story and that you will treat m&m's better in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment